The gap analysis advisory examines your current state of Software Asset Management (SAM) operations including tools, skills, organisational and cultural issues, resourcing, policy, processes, data and governance. The analysis is undertaken against industry best practice standards (including IAITAM, ISO 19770-1 and the SAM optimisation model), ITAMS’ experience and the benchmark roadmap.
The gap analysis looks at the following elements in order to ensure that it is performed to a high level of quality that drives out value for your organisation:
- Base-lining the current SAM operation.
- Processes (for Hardware Asset Management (HAM) & SAM Lifecycles), and mapping against best practice.
- Documentation management.
- Resources to transition SAM in the current mode of operation (CMO) to the future mode of operation (FMO).
- Mapping the skills of the resources in CMO against the requirements in FMO.
- Cultural gaps within the business (especially in organisations that are multi-regional and multi-country).
- Governance – current against best practice SAM.
- Global SAM policies.
- Reference and discovery data to determine its appropriateness to delivering SAM compliance data.
- Procurement processes and strategy over the course of the roadmap.
- IT Asset Management (ITAM)/HAM process assessment.
Prices start from £5,000 + expenses.
For more information and pricing, please download our Gap Analysis Service overview.