The Licensing Essentials for Oracle two-day training course provides the foundation knowledge required to effectively manage your Oracle licensing estate.
The Licensing Essentials for Oracle training course will cover significant elements of Oracle licensing for the Technology (Database, Options and Packs), Middleware and Applications product families.
The course will run over two days and you will learn:
- how to properly manage, use and distribute your Oracle systems in accordance with Oracle licensing rules, policies, definitions and underlying software licence and support agreements;
- how to address the licensing matters related to Oracle Unlimited License Agreements, Pool of Funds Agreements and Acquisitions Agreements (SUN, BEA, Hyperion, PeopleSoft);
- how the Oracle metrics and rules are used for various different product families and how this affects your Oracle licence estate.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to discuss your own Oracle licensing position and how it could be managed going forward.
Case studies and exercises will be used to illustrate the details, enabling you to manage your Oracle Licence Estate more effectively.
Day 1 (main topics)
- About Oracle
- Products Categories
- Oracle Licensing Fundamentals (Types, Terms, Metrics, General Policies)
- Licence Paperwork/Contracts
- Common Pitfalls
Day 2 (main topics)
- Oracle Batching/Multiplexing
- Oracle Disaster Recovery
- Oracle Partitioning/Virtualisation Policy
- VMware vs Oracle VM
- Oracle Cloud Licensing
- Oracle Audits/Reviews
- Case Studies
- This training course lasts two days and will take place on location (at ITAMS’ Training Centre in Harpenden, Hertfordshire unless otherwise specified) 9am to 5pm.
- Dress is business casual for on-location courses.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for any professional who is involved in the management of Oracle licences.
No prior Oracle knowledge is required for this course.
Course materials are provided during the training course.
Certificate of Attendance
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the two-day training course.
We are able to offer the following courses at our Training Centre or alternatively onsite at client location for large groups (5+).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire for custom pricing for onsite group training.