The Licensing Essentials for IBM training course provides an introduction to the different licensing models that govern the licensing of IBM products. The course also looks at how IBM licensing fits into and impacts upon the wider Software Asset Management landscape.
This one day course is delivered by an ITAMS’ IBM licensing expert who is able to take a “real world approach” to your licensing challenges and questions. The course also covers tips, tricks and gotchas you need to be aware of, that may not be covered in IBM run courses.
Also please note that ITAMS is vendor neutral and not a software reseller, instead we are specialists in the areas of Licensing, Compliance and more broadly SAM.
Furthermore, ITAMS’ Licensing Essentials for IBM training course is a valuable extension to the IAITAM CSAM Certified training course we currently offer.
- An introduction to IBM Product Families
- Programme Licensing (IPLA)
- Software Usage Options
- Proof of Licence through Passport Advantage
- Product Licensing Metrics (including PVU Licensing)
- Software Bundling – why the need
- IBM Licence Information Documents
- IBM Licence Metrics Tool
- An Introduction to SAM
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for any professional who is involved in the management of IBM licences. The IBM 1 day Licensing Course is ideal for IT professionals who are:
- New to IBM licensing.
- Need to understand more about IBM volume and product licensing agreements.
- Want to learn more about how IBM licensing fits into and impacts upon the wider Software Asset Management landscape.
- Want to take the cost out of their business by optimising licensing assets.
- This training course lasts one day and will take place on location (at ITAMS’ Training Centre in Harpenden, Hertfordshire unless otherwise specified) 9am to 4pm.
- Dress is business casual for on-location courses.
No prior knowledge is required for this course.
Course materials are provided during the training course.
Certificate of Attendance
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the one day training course.
We are able to offer the following courses at our Training Centre or alternatively onsite at client location for large groups (5+).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire for custom pricing for onsite group training.