The Advanced Licensing for Microsoft training course is a valuable extension of our Licensing Essentials for Microsoft course or for delegates who already have some pre-existing knowledge of Microsoft licensing. The course allows delegates to further develop their understanding, providing in-depth learning of complex licensing scenarios and highlighting key areas of consideration when negotiating new agreements.
Furthermore, with many organisations looking at moving to cloud services, this course will provide various options to make the transition a more efficient process.
This two day course is delivered by a fully qualified ITAMS’ Microsoft licensing expert who is able to take a “real world approach” to your licensing challenges and questions. The course also covers tips, tricks and gotchas you need to be aware of, that may not be covered in Microsoft run courses.
Also please note that ITAMS is vendor neutral and not a software reseller nor a Microsoft LSP, instead we are specialists in the areas of Licensing, Compliance and more broadly – SAM.
- Negotiation of Windows Core Conversions
- On-premise to cloud transition
- Complex licensing scenarios
- Mixed estate SQL licensing
- Mixed estate Windows licensing
- Profiling on O365
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for any professional who is involved in the management of Microsoft licences, such as:
- Microsoft budget holders;
- Procurement professionals;
- Software Asset Managers;
- Licensing Specialists.
The Advanced Licensing for Microsoft 2 day course is ideal for IT professionals who:
- Have a basic understanding of Microsoft licensing;
- Want to learn more about complex licensing scenarios;
- Are looking at moving to the cloud;
- Want to take the cost out of their business by optimising licensing assets.
- This training course lasts two days and will take place on location (at ITAMS’ Training Centre in Harpenden, Hertfordshire unless otherwise specified) 9am to 4pm.
- Dress is business casual for on-location courses.
Have previously attended our Licensing Essentials for Microsoft course or have a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Licensing.
The below checklist is a guide, highlighting some of the topics we recommend you have a prior understanding of before attending the Advanced course.
- Understanding of the various Microsoft licensing metrics – per device, user, processor, metric etc.
- Understanding of Microsoft Agreements and Agreement structure – MSA, MPSA, Enterprise etc.
- Understanding of static and dynamic environments.
- Understanding of physical and virtual environments
- Know what is meant by a cluster
- Understanding of CAL Licensing models
Course materials are provided during the training course.
Certificate of Attendance
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the two day training course.
We are able to offer the following courses at our Training Centre or alternatively onsite at client location for large groups (5+).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire for custom pricing for onsite group training.