Last Updated: 19th February, 2016
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information
- When you request, to connect with publishers who will provide you with information about products and services.
- When you’ve submitted your Personal Information to us, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “enquiry” to us, to contact you via telephone for a limited period, even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any Do Not Call list, because your enquiry serves as an exception to Do Not Call laws,
- To respond to your enquiries and fulfil your requests, including but not limited to sending you newsletters, webinars or quotations.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you; participation in surveys is voluntary and you have a choice of disclosing information such as name and demographic information.
- To personalise your experience on the Site and our other websites by presenting advertising, services and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining and improving the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- If you purchase a service from us, to complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfilment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- If you request information from publishers so that they (or so that third parties who provide similar services), can provide you with information about their products and services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR PUBLISHER’S USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By you, on forums and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. To request removal of your personal information from message boards, blogs or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- By you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information.
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
- Demographic information and other information provided by you.
- Aggregated information.
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Log IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses?
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), on our forms, we encrypt that information once it is entered.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking here and following the instructions to unsubscribe.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at as further explained in “How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information” below and requesting that we suppress all of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please note that if you opt-out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilise any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a going-forward basis, of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security number (unless otherwise requested), driver’s licence number, credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.