Improve data by taking a number of key sources, such as Discovery, CMDB, SCCM, AD, AV, ITAM and reconcile them together. The steps to take are:
- Define the reconciliation purpose; maybe billing or configuration optimisation;
- Prepare the sources; cleaning the data up, removing duplicates etc.;
- Carry out the analysis; map the same assets to each other and identify differences;
- Create a ‘golden record’; a single, well defined, version of specific metadata about an asset;
- Improve the processes to correct the source data and keep it accurate.
Please fill in the form below to gain access to Part 3 of our 3-part whitepaper series on IT Asset Data Quality: